Saturday, August 22, 2009

Helping Myself

I have not been doing much of that lately. I have had so much to do and haven't gotten much of it done. My biggest problem in life is I keep things. To many things. It is very hard for me to throw things away. Now in some areas that is fine, but in others it is not. So I am trying to convince myself it is ok to get rid of stuff, even if it is not broken. I am going through clothes and sorting out ones I will never be able to get into again and even if I could I wouldn't. I think I came by this quite honestly. My parents were children of the depression and threw out nothing. AND I DO MEAN NOTHING I will change this. I pick the right day or take a few minutes everyday to do one little thing to make some place in my home better. It will work---on spot at a time. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy...wishing much luck!! I am trying to do the same thing.
    My father was the same as your parents...when we cleaned out his house there were wads of old plastic bags all goey and stuck together they were so old, and stacks of nicely folded USED foil.
    Right now I'm working on clothes too! I'm trying: "if I haven't worn it in a year - it has to go!!" (except for a couple fancy pieces).
    And then the challenge comes....not to go out and replace it all!
    Good luck my dear.
    hugs
    arlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. I'm a keeper of things too.

    ReplyDelete