Sunday, May 3, 2009

How I Started

Whoa!!!! I just noticed that all the bags on the slide have Ka Ra La in big letters. I have changed that. I decided it was to much in your face. I didn't like that once I really looked at it. I have changed that part a lot, they are much smaller and you have to look for it, but it is still on every bag.

Thought maybe I should give a little background on how I started making bags. So here goes. I was being lazy one day and discovering the joys of Dish Network. I ran across a craft show, like duh what else would I be looking for. Well I happened on a program called "Uncommon Threads" and they were making a little(and I do mean little)purse using vinyl. I found some fabric around and made believe I knew what I was doing and made a little purse, it was like 6" x 6". Little, Little. I couldn't have that, so I started playing around. I played with size, well just the whole thing. It evolved into what I make now. I use no pattern for the patchwork, it just happens. It is kinda like a school yard. I have 5 or 6 kids(pieces of fabric) and they play together nicely or they get kicked out. They must audition to make sure they can play.

Well that is my story. They evolve. They are changing everytime I make a new one. I continually have different ideas, some I use, others I file for future reference.

1 comment:

  1. I love your sense of humor! It is Priceless $cense. I just found your blog.We have a lot in common. Except I am still watching Directv and Tivo-ing Uncommon Threads. i should turn off the TV!

    ReplyDelete